Spring salad with peas, broad beans and pecorino
A fresh and colourful seasonal salad
Duration: 20 minutes
1/2 Yellow courgette
1/2 Green courgette
150g Broad beans, podded
40g Wild asparagus
1 Large lemon, unwaxed
25g Pea shoots
20ml Olive oil
10g Sea salt
Small handful of mint
- Slice the courgettes, season with salt and olive oil and grill until softened.
- Cook the broad beans and peas in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water.
- Cook the wild asparagus in boiling, salted water until tender and refresh in iced water.
- Drain the peas, broad beans and wild asparagus and place in a mixing bowl with the courgettes.
- Deep fry the chickpeas until crispy and add to the bowl.
- Season well with the juice and zest of the lemon, olive oil and sea salt.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with finely cut slices of pecorino and mint leaves.
- Finish with pea shoots and a splash of olive oil.