Risotto with asparagus, peas, mint and parmesan
What better way to celebrate the changing seasons, than by cooking this delicious risotto using the first of the spring peas and asparagus.
Duration: 45 minutes
50g Finely chopped shallots
50g Finely chopped celery
25ml Olive oil
500g Carnaroli Rice
350ml White wine
1.5L Vegetable stock
50g Podded fresh peas
15g Chopped mint
- Cook the shallots and celery with half the butter and olive oil until very soft with no colour. This should take about 10-15 minutes
- Then add the rice and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, cooking for a further 10 minutes.
- Begin to add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Halfway through adding the stock add the peas and asparagus before continuing to add the stock. Once the rice is cooked, gently mix in the remaining butter, parmesan and mint and season to taste.